Digital cameras have become the mainstay in photography, but even they are starting to become eclipsed by underwater digital cameras. It is simply a matter of features and affordability. Why buy a digital camera when you can buy a more durable, waterproof one for the same amount? The underwater camera sale is really quite booming now days with a lot of people capitalizing on the advantages of owning an underwater camera. If you are looking to buy one of these cameras there are several tips you should keep in mind.
1. Sealing. When it comes to underwater cameras the sealing used is the most important part. It is what keeps your camera airtight and allows it to function underwater. Make sure to do your homework and get the camera with the best possible sealing so that it lasts longer.
2. Picture quality. Like normal digital cameras, underwater ones come with standard 5 megapixel resolution. For the most part, you should stick with this. Going lower is not worth the money you would save and going higher is not worth the money you would spend unless you are looking to take professional grade photos.
3. Size and shape. When it comes to underwater camera sale, you want to make sure you get the proper camera for you. Odds are you will be using this camera while swimming and as such it’s size and shape are important. You do not want to get a camera that is too small otherwise you may lose it, but if it is too big it can get in your way. Ease of use and mobility and key when underwater.
4. Industry standard. Not all underwater cameras are equal, some are rated to go deeper than others. A lot of underwater cameras are only rated to go a few meters below the surface, if you take them farther they could break. So if you just want to snap a few pictures at the beach or very shallow diving, this is fine. If you are looking to use your camera while deep sea diving, then you will need something more durable.
5. Features. All digital cameras come with an array of features, but some features are more important when photographing underwater. For example, if you are deep underwater it is much darker and you will need a more powerful flash. Other important features are shutter speed and auto focus.
6. Maintenance. While underwater camera sale can net you an underwater camera for cheap, if you do not properly take care of it you will find it needing to be replaced rather quickly. The seal on underwater cameras can be quite fragile and things like sand or chlorine can erode it. Do not take it into pools and make sure to thoroughly clean it after every use.
7. Price. In the past, getting a good quality underwater camera could be quite expensive which is why only the pros bothered. However now days you can get your very own waterproof camera for virtually the same as a normal digital camera. So with the price being nearly the same, there really is no reason not to get one.