Yum! Juicy, tasty cantaloupe. That’s reason enough to want to eat cantaloupe, right? It definitely doesn’t hurt to have numerous health benefits to the foods we love. And cantaloupe packs a strong punch in the health department.
* Cancer prevention — It is believed that cantaloupe provide the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory support to help aid in deterring the development of cancer.
* It’s the perfect source of vitamin A and C. As a matter of fact, just 1 cup of cantaloupe will give you 100% of the daily recommended values of these vitamins. These vitamins provide the antioxidants needed to help fight against not only cancer, but also heart disease and many other health problems. It also might slow the aging process in every cell of the human body.
* The orange hue of cantaloupe implies that it has beta carotene. This makes it an excellent source of vitamin A, as mentioned above.
* With all that vitamin C and even the vitamin A, it’s not a surprise that cantaloupe can be a great immune system supporter. Not only is it good at fighting off the common cold and the flu, but also protecting against viral infections and long-term disease.
* Keep your gums healthy with this high in vitamin C fruit. Vitamin C is shown to help give you healthy teeth and gums.
* Vitamins A and C both play roles in helping keep your eyes healthy. With all of this vitamin A and C in cantaloupe, you help strengthen the eye and prevent yourself from getting degenerative eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration.
* Not only are vitamin A and C great for the eyes, but also for the skin. It will help keep the skin moisturized and healthy and slows the aging process. That means less wrinkles and a defense even against skin cancer. Plus, it helps clear acne.
* Cantaloupe is able to provide you with 10% of your daily intake of potassium. This is important for lowering your blood pressure and helping to prevent cardiovascular disease.
* Cantaloupe can help keep you hydrated. It is made up of about 90% water so if you’re having trouble drinking enough water on a daily basis, then eat some cantaloupe to help with that vital fluid intake.
* Cantaloupe is another low-fat and low-calorie food. 100 grams of cantaloupe has a mere 34 calories.
* Regular consumption of cantaloupe may help to prevent inflammation of the body and even stress to joints and muscles. This is also what makes it good at warding off cardiovascular disease.
* Are you trying to get pregnant? Well, the vitamin C in the cantaloupe helps men increase their sperm count, but it’s great for women too. Cantaloupe is a good source of folic acid, which is essential for pregnant women in helping to prevent central nervous system difficulties in newborns.
* Are you worried about diabetes? Eating cantaloupe might help regulate blood sugar and improve insulin metabolism.
It’s just smart to eat cantaloupe. Not only is it tasty, but look at all of that vitamin A and C helping keep you healthy and fighting against cardiovascular disease, cancer, eye degeneration, and improved skin health. Who could ask for anything more out of a fruit which tastes delicious?